Wednesday, July 1, 2009

hay! check out my holga

hay! check out my holga.


Taken: June 29, 2009
Camera: Holga 120N and Kodak Portra 400NC film
Exposure: ~1/120 sec
Aperture: f/11
Focal Length: ~38mm

Sometimes it's all about the camera. The Holga is a cult favorite among photographers. The casing and lens are all plastic. The thing just feels cheap. It takes amazing pictures though. They have a vintage feel with a sweet focus spot in the middle and blurred edges along with vignetting. The only thing that you can really change on the Holga is the Aperture. There is f/8 and f/11. The shutter speed and focal length are both fixed. Maybe part of the appeal of these is it keeps photography art. It is all about the composition. You give over much of your control to the camera. Because of the quality you risk blurred images, light leaks, and exposure issues. However, all of the pictures have a Holga stamp. I, personally, cannot help but love a Holga picture!

This picture was taken in my hometown. I had been looking for some hay bales worth photographing for a while. I spotted these in one of the school fields and decided to take some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment