Tuesday, April 13, 2010

celebrity treatment

celebrity treatment


I don't really know how to take portraits. It isn't easy to transition from landscapes to people. It's hard for me to tell a person how to pose or to get them to smile differently. Also the lighting and stuff tends to be a bit different, because you are worrying about how it makes a person look, etc.

My friend and co-worker, Raney, hesitantly agreed to let me practice on him. He happens to be attractive yet camera shy. I found it was easier to just tell him stories and wait for him to let his guard down and snap a few shots. He was a pretty good sport about standing around in the cold while I fretted over the sunlight and fiddled with camera settings.

We drew enough attention to ourselves that people started to think Raney was famous. Someone even asked him for an autograph!

**I edited this again, so I'm pushing it to the top of my blog.

1 comment:

  1. That's so funny that someone asked for his autograph!

    ReplyDelete