Sunday, February 21, 2010

22 degrees fahrenheit

22 degrees fahrenheit


I once thought 22 degrees was much too cold for me, but since I've picked up a photo habit I've yet to find a condition I deemed unbearable. I probably should have considered my camera. When it stopped working later in the day I immediately wondered if the cold got to it. I spent over three hours in temperatures ranging from 22 to 32 degrees. Just about everyone is arguing that that shouldn't have taken out my camera, but I have learned the minimum operating temperature is listed at 32 degrees. I'm sure just ten degrees under isn't enough to do the damage, but if any moisture or weakness was present I imagine the temperature didn't help!

Regardless I got some awesome shots of the recent snow and ice that hit most of Arkansas. When I visited the Haw Creek Falls Campgrounds the snow was still pretty much untracked.

1 comment:

  1. temp probably isn't an issue for your camera. I don't understand why companies rate cameras the way they do. I shot with my Sony last year at Hemmed in Hollow and the temp never got above 15 all day. I have read about people shooting well below zero with DSLRs, the main issue is battery power.

    ReplyDelete