Tuesday, February 9, 2010

snowpocalypse!!!! omg

snowpocalypse!!!! omg


Okay, I'm sort of kidding and sort of not with the title. I'm not saying Arkansas snowfall is comparable to that of Washington D.C. and the rest of the North slammed by winter storms this year. For here it's pretty bad though! The thing is, we can get snow, but we always tend to get rain too. This leads to a packed and icy snow! Plus people are on the roads without snowtires and experience. We might not have the same sort Winters, but 6-8 inches of snow literally shuts down the state.

Having said that, I had a blast out in it today! I drove up to the Arkansas State Capitol before the rain started and grabbed a few shots. Then I spent about three hours walking around in my neighborhood enjoying the snow. I was giddy like a kid. I went to lunch with Ward who was marooned in Little Rock for awhile, and I just kept bursting into giggle fits over the meal watching the weather outside. I'm pretty sure my giddiness is the mean reason he decided to risk driving back to Conway. He made it thankfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment