Wednesday, September 9, 2009

the other summit

the other summit


Taken: April 21, 2009
Camera: Canon PowerShot G10
Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/1250)
Aperture: f/2.8
Focal Length: 6.8 mm
ISO Speed: 80

This is one of those shots that isn't a personal favorite. I liked it enough to post, but didn't expect to get any reaction out of it. Proof you don't always know your best work, because a lot of people have sited this as one of my better shots.

This is the East Quarry Trail. It is a spur off of the Rocky Valley Trail at Pinnacle Mountain State Park. The spur no longer as signs indicating it's a trail, but the trail itself is still maintained and blazed. I don't think a lot of people know what it is or where it goes, which means it typically isn't all that busy. It is a lot easier than the summit trails and offers a great view of Pinnacle Mountain. Sometimes if I really just need to be left alone I head out and hike this trail.

1 comment: