Wednesday, September 30, 2009

reaching out

reaching out


Now, I'm not usually the type to photoshop a lot of things. I tend to just fix white balance and maybe up saturation. Call it lazy or call it purist..either way. Sometimes I just get bored or a photo wants for more. The shot above was pretty cool, but for whatever reason I wanted to push it to ominous. I added a sky and cloned out a few things so the house looked completely alone helpless. This was one of the last shots I took on my Illinois/Indiana vacation. I was actually on the road headed home when I spotted this place. It's in Goodland, Indiana.

7 comments:

  1. Looks pretty good, embrace the photoshop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photoshop is our digital darkroom, definitely embrace the photoshop, you'd be amazed what you can do with simple photos that you didn't think possible to even fix, let alone turn into a work of art.

    Of course, this is all coming from a purist at heart as well. The stuff I do, most of the time, is simple RAW processing, exposure, brightness, saturation, etc.

    However, there are some shots that I've completed reiterated into something completely different from what they originated as.

    Guess what? They've turned out to be some of my best shots. Nobody has to know what I did, all they have to know is that it's art and they like it.

    =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, got lost in my rant and forgot to mention how totally awesomely sweet this photo is.

    I'm definitely feeling the "ominous," and I think you absolutely nailed the exposure and colors on this one.

    Great shot Windy =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome. Looks very Dorothy's about to get swept away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude, that's scary! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zack I agree. I'm more lazy than anything. I used to be a purist, but then I realized people put so many rules on what photography is and when it should stop. We don't tend to let people define art anywhere outside of photography, so why there? I figured I'd stop being so darn pure about it. Now if I really think a photo needs something I do it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also, Check this out.Where's the evil in imagining, making?

    http://www.alltelleringet.com/

    ReplyDelete