Tuesday, October 6, 2009

wanted: one slinky

wanted: one slinky


I seriously love abandoned buildings. They all have a mood to them. They all have a history. The best part is soaking in the mood of the place and imagining the history. This school was really amazing, and I'd love to know why it was abandoned. Anyway, I spent a few hours here exploring. I actually shot mostly manual this day and am thankful for it. I learned how to capture a mood with exposure. The shot above was intentionally underexposed. That stairwell freaked me out and I wanted to convey the feeling.

3 comments:

  1. That's definitely an eery feeling stairwell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have to agree with Shannon, I think my slinky may not be manly enough to try that stairwell out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome light falling on the stairs just right

    ReplyDelete