Friday, October 2, 2009

you spin me right round

you spin me right round


One thing I love about Flickr is getting to meet so many people that share something I love. One of my contacts, Evan, and I started a little project. The idea is to come up with a subject matter or technique to try. We both shoot our version of it with a Holga film camera. The catch is that I try to do a urban version in Arkansas, and he does a rural version in Georgia. The general idea is to help push each others comfort level and maybe shoot something we shouldn't have shot on our own.

I have always loved digital stitches, but I don't tend to be very tech savvy. Trust me when I say I will eventually do it, but as of yet I really just haven't tried. One day I realized I might be able to do an in-camera version of this with the Holga by not advancing the film all the way. I shared the idea with Evan who googled it and found someone that's already done it. We decided to add it to our project.

I'm actually slightly obsessed with this pano idea now. I know it isn't perfect and I know I could piece these together in photoshop, but I sort of love it. I have a few more shots I will eventually post.

No comments:

Post a Comment