Wednesday, June 30, 2010

triple play

triple play


Third times the charm!!

This is one of those waterfalls that alluded me. Given the right weather conditions and water conditions, waterfall shooting is pretty basic. Give me clouds and lots of water and I'll have a field day. However, if you don't have the right conditions waterfall shooting is really difficult or impossible.

My first trip to Triple Falls was cloudy, but there was very little water. The second trip had tons of water but tons of sun. I was starting to think I would never be lucky enough to catch this place during high waters and on a cloudy day.

My third trip out involved taking my car down the muddy, steep forest roads. This road is not meant for cars. By the time I maneuvered the roads all the clouds were gone. I was pretty upset about it, but liked the waterfall enough to stay and soak in the view. After about 30 minutes of splashing around in the creek checking out butterflies and rocks, clouds appeared! I was so happy I nearly tipped over my tripod setting it up. (No camera attached!)

I was able to snap a bunch of shots in short window of time the clouds allowed. This was my favorite one and as taken as the clouds were moving out. The water isn't nearly as smooth as I'd like, but I still think it's a good shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment