Monday, January 18, 2010

busting out

busting out


If cameras were people my 40D would be the type to just give in to whatever I say. If it did something weird it'd be from my own short-sightedness. There is no real surprises with the 40D. My holgas are like the friends you have for life yet never know what they will do next. It's a wild card. I've had entire rolls of film be rubbish. I actually been close a few times to throwing my 120N in the trash. I've thought, "Forget it. I'll use up the rest of this film, then I'm done!" Then the Holga turns things around and kicks out some great photos. If it were a relationship, Miss Holga and I would list our status as "it's complicated" on Facebook.

Miss Holga and I seem to be in a good place when it comes to black and white film. I shot two rolls back-to-back about a month ago. Every shot ended up being something I loved. Above is a shot from Scott, Arkansas. I like a lot of the little towns on Lonoke County. There's so many interesting old buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment