Saturday, January 16, 2010

watching water rise

watching water rise


People don't seem to see much value in Lake Conway. I've always liked it. I find all the trees and stumps interesting. I say that, but growing up my dad took mom and I out on a small fishing boat and got stuck on a stump. (I think it was at Lake Conway anyway.) I was very young and afraid of the water. I started imagining the boat would tip over before the end of it. My mom was already laughing hysterically that we were stuck. I started crying out of fear. My dad was flustered that we were stuck, and he started cussing. I imagine if anyone had happened to see a family cussing, laughing, and crying they would have thought we were crazy.

I think depending on your view of the world the lake makes for great photos. I've gotten a few beautiful sunsets on the lake and managed to make myself late meeting friends. The day I took this shot was not a good sunset day, but the bleakness meant I could get some decent moody black and white shots.

1 comment: