Friday, January 1, 2010

december 2009 (best of)

I've slowed down with shooting in December. Winter makes me cranky. I did manage a few shots I'm proud of though.

'tis the season


I went to the Christmas Light lighting ceremony at the Arkansas State Capitol this year. It's the first time I've been. It was cold, but I still had a lot of fun. Actually the joy I felt as a kid during the holiday season resurfaced for a brief time. My face was numb but I still know I was smiling. There's something to be said about free hot chocolate, friends, Christmas music, and decorations.

a walk to remember


Here's one from Eureka Springs. This was taken inside the Crescent Hotel. Rumor is the hotel is haunted. People run around with cameras trying to capture orbs. I actually got a few myself, but they were light reflections off the ceiling fan. I still sort of believe in that stuff and would love to stay there overnight.

congressional christmas


I went back to the Arkansas State Capitol to capture the holiday decorations inside. Even in the middle of the day on a weekday I'd have to patiently wait for quite a while for areas to clear out. These decorations are pretty popular. The Capitol is beautiful as it is, but with decorations it really shines!

the CAT prowls


I wanted a picture of the trolley in front of the Capital Hotel and Stephens Inc. for a while now. The light or sky was always wrong. This day I hadn't even planned that shot, but the trolley happened by when I was there so I finally got the shot!

pinch me


The Glory Hole is an amazing place. I spent part of Christmas Eve there, and it really was glorious.

2 comments:

  1. just finished going through all of your best of posts..... you had a great year!

    ReplyDelete