Tuesday, January 19, 2010

directing

directing


Photography is a lot of things for me. I use it to remember and document my life. I use it to kill time. I use it as an excuse to go explore. It makes me happy. Sometimes it's a distraction and I use it to cope when something bad has happened. Maybe it's my adult version of a security blanket. It tends to be something I can go no matter what is going on. Sometimes it reinforces joy and sometimes it creates joy from the ashes of whats broken.

It's funny I can look at most of my pictures and tell what sort of mood I was in, even if it was a mood I didn't recognize at the time.

I was in a mood and took off for Northwest Arkansas for a few days in early December. I spent most of my time wandering in a haze just thinking about life and taking pictures. I came home in a better state of mind and with some pretty cool pictures. The shot above was taken in Prairie Grove, Arkansas. I love finding interesting little churches.

No comments:

Post a Comment