Sunday, January 10, 2010

on edge

on edge


I met up with Zack for a shooting trip at Flatside Pinnacle. This was the first time I'd met him and the first time I'd been out to Flatside. It was a lot of fun other than I forgot to set my ISO and left it on auto. It ended up picking an ISO much higher than I'd like for some shots. I decided not to fret about that too much though. A little noise never hurt anyone...right? It's like film grain.

Flatside Pinnacle is in Perry County. Despite the similar name, it is a different mountain from Pinnacle Mountain. This is great, because I'm still mad at Pinnacle Mountain for the angle sprain from last Spring.

Anyway, the sunset ended up being a little flat, but it was still worth the trip out there just for that amazing view. I just can't imagine having many worries in life standing at the top of Flatside and looking out over the Ouachita National Forest.

2 comments:

  1. arrrgh, i hate it when i do that with my iso.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a bit flat, but you should see it with a dynamic sunset, the place lights up with amazing colors! We'll have to go sometime during the spring when the clouds are fluffier, those shots usually turn out the best.

    ReplyDelete