Sunday, August 16, 2009

urban legos

urban legos


Taken: July 14, 2009
Camera: Canon EOS 40D plus Sigma 55-200mm f/4-5.6
Exposure: 0.002 sec (1/640)
Aperture: f/8.0
Focal Length: 55 mm
ISO Speed: 640

I left home with only one lens. Actually I went out with the lens I'm least comfortable shooting with. I find 55-200mm is hard to shoot with. I'm a wide-angle girl. After walking around downtown Little Rock for a while I started seeing the small urban fragments I wasn't seeing when I was shooting wide-angle. I came up with an urban lego concept of shooting almost abstracts of the city. Sort of like the building blocks. I originally wanted to cartoonize all of them, but I decided the originals works just as well. Here is the cartoonized look I had originally planned:

where's roger rabbit?

2 comments: