Wednesday, December 23, 2009

april 2009 (best of)

I decided to do five shots max for each month. It made the decision pretty tough. I have a huge attachment to so many shots (even with technical flaws) just because I had so much fun doing it.

more moody photography


As I've said, Big Dam Bridge was the home of a lot of my photography practice. It's a nice place. The lights on the bridge, the river, and views of Pinnacle Mountain means there's tons of stuff to shoot. The only real downside is there's a ton of crazy people on BDB. If you go out there at night (guys or gals) I recommend taking someone with you.

little rock in layers


I actually got up before dawn to get pictures of the Little Rock skyline. It worked out nicely, because I had a good sky. I also had enough time in the day to head to Petit Jean to get some waterfall shots!

cedar falls

This shot was taken the same day as the skyline above. I had been on a camping trip to Petit Jean the week before. Due to the light I didn't get any good waterfall shots. I decided I had to try the next week just to prove to myself I could capture a waterfall! I refuse to admit defeat!

natural dam goodness

The Natural Dam was the first time I'd driven more than an hour from home just for pictures. The drive was really cool and created an interest in making more trips like this!

the road less traveled


A co-worker told me about this abandoned part of Highway 300. I figured I'd go out there to check out the old one-lane bridge that was bypassed in 1981. The overgrown nature of the road really grabbed my attention. It has the world without people feel to it. (BTW, this is one of the first shots taken with my 40D!)

2 comments:

  1. I think this is a great idea. Five a month is easy in April and October but I don't think I could find five shots for July or August.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Matt! It was a good idea, and one I stole from Cormack. He did it last year... I had more trouble with some months than others. Most of my shots I decided to post weren't waterfalls. I think I'm more critical of those, since it's what I love most. Who knows. Either way, I hope the 52 pictures I post are worthy. :-)

    ReplyDelete