Tuesday, December 29, 2009

september 2009 (best of)

It was hard to pick just five shots from September. I took a vacation to Illinois and Indiana during this month and came away with a lot of shots I'm proud of.

america's favorite pastime


The main reason for the trip was so I could finally go to Wrigley Field. I took the Holga along with black and white film loaded, to capture the timelessness of the place.

it goes on and on and on and on


What a view! I timed going to the Sears Tower/Willis Tower at dusk. I was hoping to get a nice sunset. Lucky for me the sky played along. Chicago, isn't she lovely?

choppy waters


My mom was obsessed with going on a sailboat ride. Did she wants to sing, "I'm on a boat!?" Did she want to see some uber cool views of the city? No, she liked the name of the boat. "The Tall Ship Windy." My name is Windy. The boat is Windy. Ha. Ha. It worked out though. I tried to plan this for near sunset as well. I wanted some cool pictures of the skyline.

zero gravity


While exploring Indiana I happened upon the small town of Nappanee, Indiana in the middle of their annual apple festival. I took my mom back the next day, because she loves that sort of thing.

reaching out


This was taken on the way back home from Indiana. I'm glad my mom wasn't too worried about getting home. She didn't complain at all that I stopped more than a dozen times before even getting out of Indiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment