Monday, December 21, 2009

january/february 2009 (best of)

I've decided to do a best of 2009 series. This should be interesting as it will be a trip through my first year of photography.

"Lucky" by Greg Westbury


I actually used to go on shooting trips well before I had any interest in learning camera settings. I enjoyed being a tourist in my own state, as I called it. Above is an example of something I learned how to do by accident and loved (shallow depth of field). Of course, I didn't know what it was called or really why it happened that way. This is from the "Art of the Chopper" exhibit that was at the Clinton Library through most of January.

overcoming mountains


I always carried my little point and shoot with me when I'd go somewhere interesting or when I was going for a workout. I had a lot of little photo adventures this way. I wasn't really confident enough to admit I wanted to learn. The shot above is a view of Pinnacle Mountain seen from the Big Dam Bridge. Funny a few weeks later this camera was stolen and replacing it started my obsession with photography!

No comments:

Post a Comment