Sunday, December 27, 2009

july 2009 (best of)

holgasaurus rex


This is one of the risks I took with the Holga. This is actually a modification where I fed two rolls of 35mm film into a camera meant to take 120 film. The results were great considering I used electrical tape, foam from a swimming pool noodle, and pieces of felt to create this mod! This was actually taken at a firework stand in Vilonia, Arkansas as my dad and people that worked at the stand fought a brushfire about 300 feet away! I reasoned they had it under control. Luckily they did...

all heart for heartless bastards


Ahh, music photography. I love it. Most of the shows I go to don't allow cameras. A dSLR is too large and expensive to try to sneak in. Luckily the folks at George's Majestic Lounge in Fayetteville, Arkansas didn't mind. I was able to get this shot of the singer from Heartless Bastards that I'm rather proud of.

sixth sense


Another shot from Big Dam Bridge! This is actually three shots blended together to create ghostly people.

the loneliness of gold


I took a trip to Blytheville, Arkansas with my parents so we could visit family. It turned into a walk down history lane for me. My aunt and mom took me around and showed me some of history of Blytheville. My parents both grew up and dated in this town, so it's packed with history for me. The shot above is taken inside an abandoned Dry Cleaners where my dad's parents first met!

objects in mirror are dorkier than they appear


The roadtrip picture. For me this is what roadtrips are like as a passenger. You look out the window and the rearview a lot. This was also taken during the trip to Blytheville.

No comments:

Post a Comment