Tuesday, December 22, 2009

march 2009 (best of)

On to March. March marks the month I took on photography "for real."

a david lynch dream


This was taken at the Wye Mountain Daffodil Festival. I had just gotten my Canon G10 and was excited to take it on an adventure. Lucky for me this was the first of many adventures I've taken around my lovely state.

signs, signs, everywhere a sign


I love Hot Springs. It's the sort of town you don't mind getting lost in or where a detour is never a bad thing. There's just cool stuff everywhere. I don't know what I like about the shot above. I just did I suppose.

big dam irish bridge


The Big Dam Bridge is where I learned the most about extended exposures. Not only can you practice shooting lights at night but from certain spots you can try to capture the motion of the water from the dam. It's pretty cool they change the colors from time to time and keep it interesting.

in suspense


I love me some bridges. This one was pretty cool because it's a suspension bridge so it provided a lot of interesting details. This was taken while I was on vacation. It's in Winamac, Indiana.

that's just beachy!!


I'm not a fan of water. I get anxious being around open water. The great thing about photography is that I ignore a lot of fears. I'm a lot better about heights and water when I have a camera in hand! This shot was taken near Michigan City, Indiana and is of Lake Michigan.

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen the beach one! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. =D I was going to make a comment about the Lake photo as well. I love the colors and the faint rays of sunlight near the horizon, that's an awesome shot Windy!

    ReplyDelete